Tuesday 8 April 2014

CTS#71, LIM#166 and Card Concept #7


Hello everybody, I hope you're having a good day!

I'd like to show you a card I made for a few challenges. Actually I'm not quite sure about it because it's yet another case of the infamous white embossing powder which looks ahem, cream. This is the one by Cosmic Shimmer which is described on the tub as "True White". Oh well ... I will let you decide. After heat embossing the images were coloured using an aqua brush and distress inks.

Would like to link to the following:

Less Is More #166 - Touch of Turquoise
The Card Concept #7 - Use a Butterfly (Clean and Simple)


Supplies
Quilled Elegant stamp set - PTI
Tumbled Glass and Broken China DI and Coredinations card - Tim Holtz

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

What a fabulous effect Sue, the colouring is superb!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Ankie vd Polder said...

This is realy gorgeous. Hugs, Ankie

Elaine said...

Beautifully crafted card. I quite like the creamy embossing as it shows up in the photo!!

Loll said...

Sue ... this is such a gorgeous design. I love your embossing and watercoloring ... makes for a very elegant card. Loll xx

Anne said...

Sue it looks almost yellow and until I read your posting I thought it was an intended effect, it works so well with the turquoise and makes a really elegant card!
Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More this week
Anne
LIM Designer

Mistys Mum said...

A fantastic effect - the colouring is supber. x

Unknown said...

I think the color of the embossing powder works really well with the other colors on the card. Really pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

Kylie said...

Lovely card - love your watercolouring. Personally I think that off white embossing powder looks great for this effect… Just gives it an extra pop.

Sian Ridley said...

This is stunning! I also thought the cream embossing was intentional as it looks fabulous! I had the same problem though, so I feel your pain...it took a while, but I eventually found the answer to the 'pure' white embossing powder dilemma - WOW! Bright white opaque powder...it's the best I've found to give a true white colour :)

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the "cream" colored embossing & think it looks fabulous with the blues!