Saturday 1 July 2017

CAS Mix Up (GD)

Hi everyone and happy Saturday!

I am so happy and excited to be Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up

tissue paper, spray inks, Versamark ink, gold embossing powder, die-cuts

To make my card, I sprayed some white tissue with hot pink and orange ink sprays. After it dried, I glued it to a piece of card with PVA glue and gently formed ridges in the tissue with my fingers. When the glue was dry, I lightly tapped the piece with a Versamark inkpad, sprinkled on gold embossing powder and heated, added a die-cut panel and branch and some gold glitter dots and gold heat embossed sentiment.

Tissue paper is a new medium for me and I had fun experimenting. I do hope you can join in the fun  and look forward to seeing your creations. There's lots of gorgeous inspiration from the lovely CAS Mix Up design team and some video tutorials to get you started.

Also sharing my card at Seize the Birthday (Anything Goes)

13 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Dear Sue, so sorry about your mum being in the hospital, but glad she is now home and feeling better.

Your tissue paper CAS design is absolutely Gorgeous! You should make another similar for your sweet mum. That would sure brighten her day.

TFS your beautiful technique and being our Guest Designer for July. I so look forward to more of your beauties. Hugs..

Loll said...

Incredible design, Sue. Isn't tissue paper fun to play with??!! Love the colours, texture and shine from your crinkled, watercoloured and heat embossed tissue. Perfect with the white die-cut and frame. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Mix Up! xx

Mac Mable said...

What an amazing background. Love the touch of the gold onto the tissue paper and the colours are fabulous x

Bonnie said...

I LOVE all this texture, Sue! The colored tissue looks so pretty with the gold added and I love the gold on the tips of your die cut branch! There's even texture in your frame cut! Love it! Thanks so much for joining our CAS Mix Up team this month!

Julia Aston said...

I love how you used the tissue paper Sue - what great color, texture and touches of gold! So pretty with the die cut stem and framing! Thanks so much for joining us as our Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

Christine Alexander said...

your tissue background is gorgeous, I love the warm sunny colours with the pop of white.

Susan said...

Love the way you scrunched up the tissue paper to form ridges and then did some gold heat embossing on it - you've inspired me to try that. I love your colours and the deckle-edged frame you put around it. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up this month.

Pat said...

I adore the hot colours you have used to colour your tissue paper Sue and the extra touches of gold suit it perfectly. The white branch with the glittery dots and gold sentiment tie in beautifully too. x

Jo said...

Such a rich background for that delicate die cut all beautifully frame. Simply CAStastic ;)
Thanks so much for being our special guest at CAS Mix Up! hugs xx

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Sue! I love that tissue paper background. Thanks so much for playing at Seize The Birthday :)

Brenda in IN said...

This is so fantastic. The colors blended so well and the die cut looks so pretty against the tissue paper. What a fun technique. The touch of gold made it so elegant.

Aileen said...

I love how this card looks Sue that background with the tissue paper is brilliant. Wonderful

Melanie said...

Your beautiful card just popped up on a Pinterest search for CAS cards. I love your card. Would you please tell me what the die cut is you used to create those deckled edges? Thank you so much!