Saturday 20 May 2017

The Flower Challenge, HLS Anything Goes with Dies, HLS Watercolour, Seize the Birthday


At last! I have been able to make a card that's been in the planning for a while. As soon as I saw Karen's beautiful card at The Flower Challenge, I knew I wanted to CASE it using alcohol inks (especially as I haven't used them for a while!). Things have been a bit tough going this week hence the delay.

So here it is and I'm happy with how it turned out. I was pleased with the colours and how they blended together, giving the impression of plants, leaves, sky etc. The inks I used were Tim Holtz Aqua, Sailboat Blue, Limeade and Meadow.

They were applied randomly straight from the bottles onto Yupo card without any blending solution and I moved the inks about by tilting the card from side to side. The little grassy and "frondy" bits were achieved by using a air puffing tool to blow the inks around. 

Linking up to four challenges:
The Flower Challenge - CASE a DT Member
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes (not using the toppings option)

I'm hoping to be able to join in a few more challenges with another card if I get time later.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful evening and happy crafting.

   

   

11 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beauty Sue - so glad you had time to create - it is so relaxing and theraputic. Praying you have a better week this week.
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

I hope things are getting better for you and sending hugs. This is a beautiful use of alcohol inks and those colors look wonderful together. I got some new colors of alcohol inks and have yet to use them, so thanks for the inspiration.

marilyn said...

Nailed it!! Love your color choices as well...

Karen Dunbrook said...

how gorgeous Sue...I am really honored you chose my card to case!
Thanks so much for playing along with The Flower Challenge and hope you will come back and play again.
xx Karen

stampwithsandy said...

Sue this is gorgeous! I love the alcohol ink background, a medium I've not yet tried. It looks super with the white background and floral stems. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Shona Chambers said...

My goodness Sue, this is one stunning card! That background is divine and I love the colour combo. It really makes the white card stock around it so crisp and clean. Its an amazing design and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Happy Little Stampers and The Flower Challenge!!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Sue and wonderful CASE of Karens card. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

Kylie said...

Gorgeous colours, Sue! It's amazing how the alcohol inks give the look of watercolours!! The background is amazing and I love the simplicity of your diecut. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Bonnie said...

This is GORGEOUS, Sue! What a beautiful background!

Susan Renshaw said...

This is beautiful!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan

Cathy said...

Another beauty Sue, love that background and the white flower really pops against it, Cathy x